Business Owner's Policy (BOP)
Feeling overwhelmed by all of the commercial insurance options out there? Simplify your options with a comprehensive package. A Business Owner's Policy (BOP) bundles the most crucial coverages for small- to mid-sized businesses, providing a solid base of coverage that meets the needs of a wide variety of enterprises. Though BOP coverage can be customized to meet a business's specific needs and concerns, they're a great choice because they simplify your options and provide a general coverage base that pretty much all businesses need.
What Does a Business Owner's Policy Cover?
The details will vary depending on your specific policy, but most BOPs include the following types of coverage:
- Property Insurance – coverage for buildings and stores you own.
- Business Interruption Insurance – helps to offset your costs if a disaster forces you to put your business on hold or pause operations temporarily.
- Liability Protection – coverage in case your business, products, or employees cause harm to others.
Though a BOP can provide a great basis for coverage, it is not entirely comprehensive. When you're shopping around for the right policy or policies, keep in mind that a BOP does not include:
- Protection for your employees, like workers’ compensation insurance in Maryland.
- Auto insurance for any company vehicles.
- Some types of professional liability insurance in Maryland.
- Medical or disability insurance for you or your employees.
You'll need to purchase those types of coverage separately if they're relevant to your business's needs.
Get Started with a BOP Quote Today
At WSMT Insurance, we offer a full spectrum of commercial insurance coverage options. We'll work one-on-one with you to put together a package that fits your needs. Our agents can also discuss other types of supplemental professional coverage that your business might require. We’ll take the time to answer all of your questions because we know that finding the right policy can be overwhelming, and we're here to make it easier. Feel free to call or stop by today to discuss your options and get a quote.